In recent years, Italy has implemented a new electronic invoicing system, known as the Sistema di Interscambio (SDI), to digitize and modernize the invoicing process for businesses. This new system has been mandatory for all businesses since 2019 and is expected to bring numerous benefits to both businesses and the government. In this blog post, we will explore the mandatory B2B and B2G eInvoicing processes in Italy, the steps required to comply with the regulations, and the benefits of using SAP Document and Reporting Compliance (DRC) as a solution.
What are e-Invoicing B2B and B2G
E-invoicing refers to the process of creating, sending, receiving, and storing invoices electronically, rather than on paper. The two main types of e-invoicing are B2B (business-to-business) and B2G (business-to-government). B2B e-invoicing is when businesses send invoices to other businesses, and B2G e-invoicing is when businesses send invoices to the government. In Italy, the mandatory use of e-invoicing applies to both B2B and B2G invoicing.
What is the eInvoicing in Italy?
The Italian government has implemented the Sistema di Interscambio (SDI), a centralized system for the electronic exchange of invoices between businesses and the government. The SDI system allows for the automatic validation and transmission of invoices, reducing the risk of errors and increasing the efficiency of the invoicing process. All businesses in Italy are required to use the SDI system for e-invoicing since 2019.
Which processes are mandatory?
All B2B and B2G invoicing processes in Italy are mandatory and subject to the regulations set by the SDI system. This includes the electronic creation, transmission, and receipt of invoices. Businesses must also ensure that their invoicing software is compatible with the SDI system and must obtain a digital certificate to register with the SDI.
How to comply?
To comply with the e-invoicing regulations in Italy, businesses must register with the SDI system and obtain a digital certificate. They must also ensure that their invoicing software is compatible with the SDI system and that their invoices are transmitted to the SDI system in real-time and in the correct format. For businesses that are not yet set up for e-invoicing, there are various providers that offer e-invoicing solutions and can assist with the transition to the new system.
What is SAP Document and Reporting Compliance (SAP DRC)?
SAP Document and Reporting Compliance (SAP DRC) is a solution that enables businesses to comply with e-invoicing regulations in Italy. It provides a comprehensive solution that covers all aspects of e-invoicing, including registration with the SDI system, obtaining a digital certificate, and ensuring that invoices are transmitted in the correct format and in real-time.
Benefits of SAP DRC
SAP DRC provides a number of benefits for businesses in Italy. It eliminates the need for manual data entry, reduces the risk of errors, and increases the efficiency of the invoicing process. It also provides real-time visibility into the status of invoices, making it easy for businesses to track and monitor their transactions.
- Automates the invoicing process, reducing the time and costs associated with manual data entry
- Reduces the risk of errors by automatically validating and transmitting invoices
- Ensures compliance with the SDI system and eInvoicing regulations in Italy
- Allows for real-time transmission of invoice data, making it easier for the government to process and manage financial information
- Provides detailed reporting and analytics to help businesses track and monitor transactions
Benefits to work with us
- Our team is well-versed in the mandatory B2B and B2G eInvoicing processes in Italy and can provide expert guidance on how to comply with the regulations set by the SDI system.
- SAP Document and Reporting Compliance (DRC) automates the invoicing process, which will save time and reduce costs associated with manual data entry. We are SAP DRC Experts.
- We provide detailed reporting and analytics to help businesses track and monitor transactions, ensuring compliance with the SDI system and eInvoicing regulations in Italy.
- We offer a wide range of eInvoicing solutions that can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your business, helping you to adapt to the electronic invoicing process easily.
- Our experts can help with the integration of eInvoicing solutions with your existing systems, allowing you to work seamlessly.
- We provide ongoing support and maintenance to ensure that your eInvoicing solution is always running smoothly and up-to-date with the latest regulations.
SAP DRC Countries – eDocument
Setting up a project for SAP Document and Reporting Compliance requires expert knowledge and experience. Consultants with specialized skills can help enterprises navigate the process, ensuring a successful and efficient implementation of SAP Document and Reporting Compliance in their systems.
Typical project lead time per country:
Successful implementation of SAP Document and Reporting Compliance requires effective collaboration between internal and external consultants. A dedicated team with specialized skills and knowledge can ensure a smooth and efficient implementation, delivering the benefits of SAP Document and Reporting Compliance to the enterprise.
To ensure long-term success of SAP Document and Reporting Compliance, proper maintenance and support is crucial. Externalizing this process to a partner can provide access to specialized skills and resources, helping to ensure a smooth and efficient maintenance and support experience. With a partner's expertise and dedicated support, enterprises can be confident in the continued success of their SAP Document and Reporting Compliance implementation.
How can we help you?
Let's have a talk and explain your case to us.
+ 34 633 05 7375
Calle Almirante Cadarso, 26